What do you want to know??
Married: to the wonderful Jo – my childhood sweetheart (she says I’m the child)
Kids: 2 both boys – Rick – a hairdresser, Sam a wanna be student/bartender/drain on my finances.
Until the autumn of 2005 our family included a dog and a cat. Unfortunately Lucky (the cat) had to be put down in July and Jake (the dog) in September. Lucky was 18 when she had to be put down with kidney failure. She had been a healthy cat until she disappeared for a week, and when she re-appeared she wouldn’t eat and had to be put down. This was a complete shock as we used to joke that we would bequeath her in our wills to our childrens childrens children. She seemed to be immortal as she had already had to have her tail amutated. Jake had been ill for about 18 months with a growth in his ear. He was 12 years old and we were companions of his for 11 of those.
We now have a bunny called Barry.
What do I do?
I am now Senior IT Technician for a charity. I think the ‘Senoir’ part must be age related as I am the only IT Technician in the organisation. There is an IS Manager and a Software Manager (who deals with bespoke/Linux software) and me. I don’t feel that my title really reflects my role (more System Admin)…but hey, what are you going to do about it?
What do I like to do?
My one claim to fame is that I have been broadcast on national radio in the 1990’s, while playing with a band called Device. We were on a Tommy Vance’s Rock Wars. We won our heat, but lost in the final. I still try and play (bass guitar), however it has been that long I do sometimes forget which way round it’s supposed to go!
What am I listening to?
Listening – This is a constantly changing list:
- Rush – a fantastic rock band (who happen to be Canadian) and just celebrated their 30th anniversary (I WAS THERE). They will always head this list
- Emerson Lake and Palmer – the first progressive supergroup (not everyone’s taste)
- Jaco Pastorius – the Godfather of Bass
- Lindisfarne – Geordie Folk Rock and a great party
- Count Basie and Duke Ellington
- Classical Mussorgsky
- Also been re-aquainted with Albatross by Fleetwood Mac.
- Kaiser Chiefs – anyone that can use ‘Lairy’ (a good Yorkshire phrase) in their lyrics is OK by me
- Also check out Mardy Bum by the Arctic Monkeys – again using Yorkshire, a song with the lyric:
“That on a day like today when you’re all argumentative
And you’ve got the face on”
- Rodrigo y Gabriela, fantastic guitarists and great live. Only 2 guitarists but sound like a full band including drums! Check them out
- Rory Gallagher, great blues guitarist of Irish descent who sadly died June 1995.
- Wishbone Ash, pioneers of the twin-guitar band
Anything else you want to know, then just ask … I might not tell you, but you won’t know until you do!!!